Thursday, April 30, 2020

who feeds your soul?

Homily
Thursday of the 3rd Week of Easter AII
+Pius V, pope
St. Lawrence Catholic Campus Center at the University of Kansas
30 April 2020
AMDG +JMJ +m

The hardest work of my entire life is simply to believe.  To believe that I am loved more than I want to be loved.  To receive as gift more than I could ever choose. To be drawn by God more than I could ever grasp for him.

The greatest victory of my life will come through faith and receptivity.  For Jesus defeated sin and death in just this way.  The victory of Lepanto, orchestrated by St. Pius X, was won not through weapons, but through the rosary and adoration.

The hardest work of our lives is to pray, and to be drawn by the Father, to receive what we do not dare to ask, and to be fed in a way that will never perish.

Our Lady of the Rosary is the first of our race to be redeemed through prayer and receptivity.  Her daily rosary is thus powerful in disposing us for eternal victory.

No comments: