Wednesday, April 22, 2020

do I lock myself up?

Homily
Wednesday of the 2nd Week of Easter AII
22 April 2020
St. Lawrence Catholic Campus Center at the University of Kansas

Do I lock myself up?

The disciples used to lock themselves up voluntarily!
Now nothing can keep them locked in.
Not even the ultimate stay at home order - a jail!

I'm not telling you to disobey the authorities.
Just not to lock yourself up or in.

There is a way for me to move during COVID.
The Easter move for today is from darkness to light.
Nothing can stop someone who chooses to leave the locked room of privacy, control, fear and self-preservation.  Light shines through transparency, vulnerability. and self-gift.

Don't lock yourself up or in.
Move from darkness to light.
That's today's Easter move.




No comments: