Saturday, March 20, 2010

KU, KSU, Mizzou in 2nd round

I'm starting to get this funny feeling that Mizzou might find a way to beat West Virginia? Why am I getting this feeling? Maybe it will go away soon. I had the chance to be in Oklahoma City this weekend but wimped out because of the severe weather forecast. There's a lot of snow here in Lawrence but it looks passable. The roads are not icy, I don't think. I don't think this is the last of it, even though it's the first day of spring. I think we're in for at least one or two more snows. We'll see. The worse blizzard I was ever in was the second week of April on my way to Colorado. Got to watch the weather this time of year.

It should be a blast to watch KU and K-State tonight. I am nervous, as I am every year at this time of year. It would probably be fun sometime to be an 11 seed, and to just relax at tournament time, rather than always being afraid of being upset. But since an 11 seed never wins the tourney, I must bite my tongue. It is best to handle the pressure, and to face the adversity, and we are the team to do it! It will be very tough to knock us out of this tournament. We have the best chance of anyone to win the tourney, so that should make me excited, not afraid.

There's a small chance if KU wins that I could be in St. Louis next Friday for their sweet 16 matchup. It will be . . . . ugh . . . either Michigan State or Maryland, the Big 10 or ACC champs, in the sweet 16. It will be so interesting to see who the other #1's would get in the sweet 16. But I'm looking ahead. Focus on Northern Iowa. Focus on Northern Iowa. Focus on K-State in the final four . . . er, Northern Iowa!

K-State has a very very tough game versus BYU. Go Wildcats - it seems that according to the KC Star we are supposed to get along with the 'Cats and party with them. OK, whatever.

No comments: