Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Big XII tourney in KC

I think I'll head down for a game or two tomorrow. When I was in college at KU, and the Big 8 tournament was at Kemper, I was so hungry to go to the games. Not that Kemper was that great, but it was just so much fun to go around looking for tickets. I got them through the KU ticket office one year, but it was more fun to go around looking for bargains once the other teams lost. I'm not quite as excited for this year's tournament, and I can't put my finger on why. I can take it or leave it. I'll see some great friends tomorrow, and I think KU will play well and win, and the people watching will be incredible, but I'm not sure what it is. Maybe I'm more in a Lenten spirit, and it doesn't feel right to go downtown and pretend like it's not Lent. Maybe I'm feeling more responsible for vocations, and it feels like I should work, even though I work all the time. Maybe I'm just getting cheap, and don't want to even look at a $7 beer, much less buy one. Maybe I just need to get down there, and all the fun will come back to me. We'll see! Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

No comments: