Monday, February 7, 2022

Where are the sick?

Homily
Monday of the 5th Week in Ordinary Time C2
7 February 2022
St. Lawrence Catholic Campus Center at the University of Kansas
AMDG +mj

Where are the sick?  

They are with Jesus.

I'll admit it.  I'm done with COVID.  I'm tired of all this sickness.  I lost my patience a long time ago.  Yet Jesus hasn't.

They brought the sick to Jesus.  Where they are, He is.

Pope Francis loves the field hospital image of the Church.  There Jesus is, in the midst of the mess.  There He is, in harm's way. There He is, searching for new ways to reveal all the compassion in His sacred heart in the lives of His suffering mystical body.

To put away the sick is to put away Jesus.  For there He is, in the midst of them.

Where are the sick?  To answer that question is to find Jesus.








No comments: