Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Bale/Nomo disaster




Tonight was the first night all year when I had a chance to watch a few innings of the Royals and I turned the TV off because the game was so bad. Last time I checked it was 11-6. What is terrible is that this is the first time all year we are going to score over 5 runs, and we will not get the win. Bale looked very hittable what little I saw of him, and Nomo was terrible unless he got a guy to swing at his splitter in the dirt. I think we are paying Bale a fair amount so I guess he will probably get 3-4 more starts as long as we are staying around .500. Nomo could be gone tomorrow. I love the Royals' start, and I am so excited about Greinke and Bannister. I know there is no reason to complain right now. But these wins are just as important as those in September, and if we hand the 4-4 tie off to someone besides Nomo, who knows if this is one we might have let get away. By the way, the Royals are running the basepaths like kamikazes right now. They are getting away with it, but man, hasn't sabermetrics shown conclusively that you have to steal a really high percentage ot make it worth stealing at all? I'll be interested to hear Rany comment on the topic some more.

No comments: