Sunday, January 24, 2010

rooting for the jets?

  • for some reason I'm pulling hard for the jets in this afternoon's playoff game against the Colts. I didn't know I would feel this way when I started watching the game, but it would be a pretty improbable win, and I guess I'm starting to pull for the underdog. I know a lot of people dislike Peyton Manning a lot more than I do. He gets on my nerves, but he's quite a player. He just scored before half in two plays. It's a good game. Glad I can watch this game and the next one. Next Sunday I am preaching lots of Masses for the Archbishop's Call to Share and am celebrating a couple at KU as well, so it is nice that this Sunday is a little slower.
  • Go Saints! Go Saints! Go Saints! Drew Brees is easier to root for than Bret Favre.
  • had a really good time at Holy Spirit parish in Overland Park this morning. The 10:30 Mass was really full, and the energy was palpable. The Mass participation was great. I preached without notes and rambled on quite a bit about Confirmation being the least understood and least utilized sacrament. I sounded convinced but am not sure I said much.
  • Should be able to finish my appointments tomorrow night in time to settle in to watch KU vs. Missouri. let's hope the fieldhouse is rockin' for that one, and KU takes Mizzou to the woodshed. It should work out that way, but you never know. I thought the crowd was great Wednesday versus Baylor, but I expect it to be twice as loud against our Archrival. I don't have a ticket . .. . yet! It will be great to welcome Big Monday back to Allen Fieldhouse.
  • Congrats to KSU for being good enough fans to entice College Gameday to come to Allen Fieldhouse west on Saturday. That should be fun. KState needs to beat Baylor Tuesday or they are really in trouble in the Big 12 race.
  • Here's hoping to good weather for the next couple of years for Haiti. I don't want to even think about a hurricane or anything like it hitting that nation in the coming year. Lord, have mercy.
  • John Paul II rumored beatification in Rome - October 10th! Please God, let it be so!

No comments: