Saturday, January 9, 2010

a good Saturday, so far!


Despite the bitterly cold temperatures, things are beautiful at least to the eye. The snow is falling very lightly again this morning. All the white sure beats the ugly brown that usually dominates the Kansas landscape this time of year.

This morning I was able to pray and celebrate a private Mass. This afternoon I have Mass and confessions and St. Lawrence Center. I expect a pretty small crowd because the high today will probably be about 7 degrees. Fr. Steve is away this week, so the rectory is especially quiet.

Tonight I'll head to Kansas City to spend some time with the fathers and sons of homeschool families in Kansas City. Some swimming, a quick talk by me, and then some basketball! Going to keep an eye today on the KSU/Mizzou game kicking off the Big 12 season and perhaps will get home tonight in time to see the Cowboys and Eagles. I have watched less sports in the last month than I can remember in a long time.

The Royals have signed a couple of light-hitting speedsters. Maybe we can get some mojo going this year. I'm not going to worry about it much before April.

Tomorrow I have 9am and 11am Masses at St. Lawrence, then getting together with friends before the KU v. Tennessee game. Rock Chalk!

No comments: