Thursday, January 7, 2010

quick takes


1. The KU Game vs. Cornell. This was a lot of fun. Love close games. The Temple game was great but it is good to see a team play as well as Cornell did. I thought they were never going to quit draining those threes! But they did. And we were reminded that Sherron is the best player by far on the court. I don't know what Cornell could have done to hang on. We were deep and kept coming at them. In the end we finally caught them. Like the pack gaining on the breakaways in a cycling race. Anyhow, best of luck to Cornell. They really gave us a great game. KU is still really good, by the way!




2. The snow. It is sure better than looking at the same color of brown all winter. I know that the snow is treacherous, but it makes us all slow down, and puts everyone in a more contemplative state of mind. I think this is good. We know better how to love and serve when we have a chance to think about things, instead of running around so much trying to maximize our productivity. I think the snow is a graceful blessing. We probably won't have it again for decades, so we should be grateful for it. We will miss it next winter, especially after we get good at learning how to navigate through it. It still isn't that much anyway, at least not in Lawrence. There are piles of it, yes, but you can still see over the piles. My favorite snowstorm was the one when I was growing up where we could walk directly from the snowdrift to the roof of my house. Now that was snow!




No comments: