Sunday, April 5, 2009

Mark your calendars! World Youth Day Madrid 2011







The summer of 2011 I'm going to do everything I can to make it to World Youth Day Madrid and to take as many pilgrims ages 16-35 that I can! Fresh off my experience from WYD Sydney, I follow with excitement today the transfer of the World Youth Day cross from the Sydney youth to the youth of Spain in St. Peter's square today! As a alum of Denver (93) Paris (97) and Sydney (08), and an alumnus of the International Youth Forum that precedes the World Youth Days, I am recommitted as a priest to give as many young people as I can the chance to experience the Church as I have experienced her and love her. Meeting John Paul II in Paris in 1997 made an indelible mark on my life and on my vocation! Another great thing about the World Youth Days being in Spain is the opportunity that many youth will take the make the pilgrimage walk of St. James to Compostela. A true pilgrimage walk that lasts 30 days, it can be the experience that your faith needs to solidify you for the long journey ahead that the Lord has marked out for you! Don't plan anything else for the summer of 2011 - keep it open! And save $$ now!

No comments: