Thursday, April 2, 2009

Holy Name Confessions

This morning I dropped by one of my favorite places, Holy Name parish on Southwest Boulevard in the Rosedale neighborhood of Kansas City, KS. It is a smaller parish where most of the school students are Hispanic. I get invited from time to time to stop by for a Mass, or as I did today, for school confessions. I would love any assignment as a priest that I was given by the Archbishop, but I found myself in the 15 seconds between confessions today sipping coffee and dreaming about being pastor at a place like Holy Name. It was 2 hours very well spent, just exercising my priestly ministry and thanking God for every new young person who walked into the confessional. What a beautiful life I have been given. And tonight - confessions for those candidates for full communion in the Catholic Church and then a spring break alternative reunion! Can't wait to see everyone from the Mexico trip! Our Lady of Guadalupe, pray for us!

No comments: