Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Title!


Actually, there was a part of me that didn't want another Big XII title for the Jayhawks. That sounds silly, I know. But I didn't want to become even more spoiled. Or maybe I wanted the Big XII to raise up some more worthy teams who could make a Final Four besides KU and Texas. Maybe I thought the program deserved a break after achieving so much. Maybe I was satisfied, and just wanted to root for a season as an underdog. But this Big XII championship is sweet! This team should have had 3 or 4 hiccups like the Tech game, but it only had 2. I really don't think we are that much better than the rest of the Big XII, but Bill Self showed that if you make teams shoot a low percentage, and get good shots yourself, you will win games. KU gets more easy buckets, and gives up fewer, than any team in the Big XII. That is why they consistently win. They are more talented than many Big XII teams, but this year, their talent was comparable to the first six teams. But they don't give up easy buckets like KSU and Mizzou do, they have a great rebounder in Cole Aldrich, and a fireplug in Sherron Collins who can take over games. What a great acccomplishment this year. Nobody expects a Final Four out of this team, but they just keep overachieving. Who is going to take this team out? Rock Chalk!

No comments: