Friday, March 13, 2009

KU Spring Break Group in DFW waiting, waiting, waiting!

It really isn't that far to Dallas. We left St. Lawrence yestersday, 30 spring breakers going to Colon, Mexico to volunteer at a SOLT orphanage, around 6:30pm, and we made it to DFW by 4am for our 9:40am flight Plenty early. Got through security with flying colors. They hadn't even started brewing the coffee yet around here. It is a nice enough airport - many others have arrived at the terminal by now, everyone very early for their flights but comfortably waiting. Our group is passed out like a bunch of refugees, but will resurrect themselves I am sure once we touch down in Mexico City later today. Here's to a few good power naps and a few good prayers between now and then. We'll spend the night, hopefully, in Mexico City at a hostel and then head out to the mission on Saturday. Pray for us! So far, so good. The yellow school bus was 'loud' but not as uncomfortable as I thought it would be. I was dead tired going into the trip so I think that helped me to know I needed to try to sleep as much as possible.

No comments: