Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Headed to Mexico City and on mission!


Thursday I will leave for a 'yellow-bus' ride to Dallas, where we will board planes for Mexico City and for an orphanage run by SOLT (Society of our Lady of the Most Holy Trinity) and be on mission throughout spring break. About 30 students from KU, mostly from the St. Lawrence Catholic Center, will be on the trip. We know that Mexico has become increasingly dangerous, but we are flying over the violence in the border towns and are taking lots of extra precautions to stay safe while we are in Mexico. A priority for me will be to spend time in prayer and to be as close I can be to the sacred image of Our Lady of Guadalupe. This image has led to more conversions in the Church than any other evangelical activity of the Church in history. I can't wait to see it in person up close, since I have seen hundreds and hundreds of replicas. Hopefully we will be able to have Mass in the Basilica. Please pray for our safety, and that our hearts will be opened wide by our experience. I'll try to blog but no promises. Not sure what resources I will have with me or have access to while I am away!

1 comment:

Pharmgirl said...

Be careful, Father! I'll pray for you guys.