Monday, October 27, 2008

Crown Club


My friends with whom I traveled gave me a pass to the Crown Club here at the Atlanta airport since I have a four hour layover. Remarkably, it's not much less busy than the havoc outside - the line for the bar is always four or five deep, and people are always looking for chairs. The difference, of course, is that the drinks are free here. Well, it is a new experience anyway, one I don't have to worry about getting used to. I've burned up all my computer power, having just three or four minutes left now. Was able to watch Archbishop Naumann's speech at KU that I missed when I was out of town (Vote the Rock event!). Spent a lot of time reading blogs, reading Catholic and national news, and making sure all email are returned before I hit Kansas City later tonight. All in all, I like times like this, when I can read a lot in one day and hit the reset button so to speak. I've been thinking so much about all the work the Church has done to promote the life issues in the coming election, and the fact that the most recent poll shows Catholic young people to be more willing to vote for pro-choice candidates. Is this a sign of sophistication that the Church can continue to work with, or a sign that the moral teaching of the Church in increasingly less relevant. At any rate, plenty to pray about and plenty that should be done. It makes you wonder if we are approaching everything the wrong way, and what we could change to do better. But of course all this is not a cause for despair, for life will be victorious!! +m

No comments: