Friday, January 28, 2022

what's your low point?

Homily
Friday of the 3rd Week in Ordinary Time C2
St. Lawrence Catholic Center at the University of Kansas
+St. Thomas Aquinas, doctor
AMDG +mj

What's your low point?  

I have one.  You have one.  David had one.  We see it in today's 1st reading.  Lust, followed by adultery,  and covered up by willful murder.  David's is pretty bad.

Knowing my low point is important, for God wants to reveal who He is especially there.  God is just, so must punish wrongdoing for my own sake.  It's never good to get away with anything.  Yet God is even more mercy, never forsaking me, no matter what.

My capacity for holiness has a dark side.  I'm equally capable of the worst evil.  If I want to live at my greatest capacity, I must know this and fear it.  I am like David.

It's critical too that you know how God see your lowest point, and how He feels about it.  I pray you will always be able to respond to the truth that God forgives you beginning from your lowest point.

Hold up your lowest point to God today.  Then ask, where do I go from there?


No comments: