Thursday, October 1, 2009

Pilgrimage to the Death Star (Yankee Stadium)


That's kind of how you feel as a Royals fan going in there. Like you're a jedi night flying into the death star. It's like you have no chance, but you are hoping you can find a little 'reactor' or something to shoot into and blow the whole thing up so you do not have to endure another mismatch like this one. Actually on Tuesday, when I made the pilgrimage from Newark, where the Vocation Director's conference was, to the Death Star, the Royals were up most of the game until they pitched Farnsworth in the 9th. Enough said. Soria had pitched two innings and 46 pitches Sunday, and had a sore shoulder. Go figure. Even with most of the Yankee regulars pulled in the 8th since they had trailed the whole game, the Royals had no chance with Farnsworth in the 9th. Yankees scored 2 and won 4-3. I wore lots of Royal blue and took my medicine from some less than stable and virtuous men around us. It would have been worse had I not told them my three companions and I were all priests. They toned it down after that. I have some audio and video hopefully I can put up in the next couple of days. Here is a picture of the stadium, and a memorable shot of my least favorite Yankee - Johnny Damon. Doesn't he look intelligent in this shot?

No comments: