Friday, May 15, 2009

Congrats to Scott Wallisch - new deacon for the Archdiocese!


Scott Wallisch will be ordained a transitional deacon (on the way to priesthood) for the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas on Saturday, May 16th at 10:30am at St. Joseph Church in Shawnee, Kansas! Congratulations to this KU alum and good friend of mine! I had the privilege of knowing Scott through the St. Lawrence Center at KU and I actually had the chance to live with him for one year before I left for seminary, so I know firsthand the depth of his faith and his commitment to Christ and to the Church. As he celebrates the gift of Holy Orders from Christ Jesus and His Church, may Deacon Scott begin a long and fruitful ministry of service to the people of God! Pray for him! His official bio:


Scott Wallisch
Date of Birth: April 6, 1978
Parish: St. Lawrence Center, Lawrence
High School: St. Louis University High, St. Louis, MO
University: University of Kansas/BS Architectural Engineering and Architecture
Seminary: Mundelein Seminary
Years Seminary: Third Year Theology
E-mail: scottwallisch@hotmail.com
Favorite Saint: St Anthony of Padua

My advice to men considering the priesthood: I would tell him that the key is to trust the Lord. If he is feeling a call to discern his vocation in the seminary, he should not be afraid of that call. If God is calling him to the priesthood, then he will find the beginning of his fulfillment in the seminary. If God isn't calling him to the priesthood, He will still bless the young man in the seminary and take care of him when he leaves. If you give time to God, He will always make it worth your while.

Why I want to be a Priest: Christ’s call to the priesthood is such a wonderful gift. He calls a priest to bring Himself physically to humanity. Though an enormous sacrifice, I believe that a call to His priesthood is a profound blessing. God has blessed me every day of my life, and there is no way that I could ever thank Him enough, but I can think of no other way to begin showing my gratitude more fully than through serving Him in His priesthood. I want to bring Christ to His people is such a real, concrete way, through the sacraments, through His Word, and through a total gift of self for others. Hobbies & Interests: Running, soccer, music, art and architecture

Influence: Msgr. Vince Krische, Fr. Mitchel Zimmerman, my parents.

1 comment:

John 6:54 said...

God Bless Deacon Scott. Cure of Ars is lucky to have him back for the Summer.