Sunday, August 17, 2008

Perfect Day?


KU had an incredibly nice move-in day today. I went for a run from the St. Lawrence Center through the Daisy Hill dormitories and of course the scene was chaotic! Great to see some of the new freshmen tonight at Mass at the St. Lawrence Center, especially those from St. Thomas Aquinas! Go Saints! Ready for an unusally leisurely evening - maybe watch some Olympics or baseball, maybe organize my facebook friends - maybe just sit on the back porch and read or visit with my housemates Fr. Steve or Fr. Brian. Attached is a picture of last week's visit out to Hoxie to see my dad - I brought no work clothes but I couldn't just sit back and watch my 58 year old dad (59 on Tuesday) throw all the hay bales, so I threw and stacked a few in my clerics and then the next day in shorts. Ouch! A few scratches on my lower legs, but well short of a scourging, I would say. I wore one of those dust masks to keep the hayfever away, and thankfully, it worked!

No comments: