Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Benedict Groeschel at Benedictine


Bad photo, I know, but I was glad to be at Benedictine Monday to hear Fr. Groeschel in person for the first time. Honestly, I don't watch EWTN that much, so I didn't have a lot of expectations for his speech, but he was very funny and of course very convicted in what he said. He encouraged the 'John Paul II' generation to continue to overcome the odds that detract from their Catholic faith, and called on more Catholic colleges to be like Benedictine and to do all they can to teach the faith of the Church and to strengthen their Catholic identity. Apparently, a Newman Society list is coming out this week listing the top 30 truly Catholic colleges in the country, and Benedictine made the list. Go Ravens! I always have a great time in Atchison!

No comments: