Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Hello St. James Juniors

I was out at the Prairie Star Ranch late last night hearing the confessions of the St. James Academy juniors - in two years they will be the first graduating class from St. James
Academy. My prayerful best wishes go out to them for a great retreat and a fruitful school year, and to their staff, chaplain (Msgr. Ray Burger) and all those helping them in their faith formation. They were out at our great Prairie Star Ranch for their retreat. Unfortunately, it's still way too hot but perhaps if we can survive another week God will give us some relief. These next couple of days in addition to promoting vocations I'll be helping sign up new students to KU for theology classes at the St. Lawrence Catholic Campus Center (http://www.st-lawrence.org/). I heard my call to the priesthood most strongly through my involvement at the Center during my years at KU, so I am happy to help interview new students. It is so great that at a public university like KU, Catholic students have a chance to study their faith at a college level, just as you would at any Catholic university. I wish all the St. Lawrence staff, teachers and students a great year as well. Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: