Thursday, October 21, 2021

How am I affecting people?

Homily
Thursday of the 29th Week in Ordinary Time BI
AMDG +mj
St. Lawrence Catholic Campus Center at the University of Kansas

How am I affecting people?  Jesus is today's Gospel says that before He can be the true Prince of Peace, He must be a source of division.  A lasting peace can't be built on tolerance and affirmation.  It must come from people playing for keeps, who take the risk of faith necessary to pursue the fullness of life.  Is there anything about my life that makes anyone else uncomfortable?  If not, I might ask why today.  I don't need to go around picking fights or starting arguments.  Yet the goal of my life is neither to get everyone to like me.  Rather, it's to be who I was created to be, without excuse or exception.  Guess what?  That might offend someone.  In fact, it probably will.


No comments: