Friday, September 4, 2009

Beware of the Biemers Extra Spicy


Gates Extra Spicy - no biggie! Arthur Bryants? Piece of cake! Oklahoma Joe's - give me the spiciest sauce you've got! But at Biemers? I cried! Tonight I was leaving Lawrence in a hurry to try to get back to Hoxie for some late night conversation with my family, so I grabbed Biemers bbq at 9th and Iowa for the first time. I spied some extra spicy sauce on my way in, so when I saw that in my paper bag was only a side of regular sauce, I pulled out my sandwich quickly and smothered it with extra spicy. By the time I was at 4th and McDonald by the Holiday Inn, I was crying, and hiccuping, and praying for mercy from this sauce. It was like chili peppers were added to tobasco sauce, with only the most miniscule amounts of vinegar, brown sugar and tomato sauce. I thought I could handle any barbecue sauce easily. Look out for the Biemers though. By the way, the sandwich was really good, but I had to suck on ice and diet cokes for the next hundred miles before I knew that I wasn't going to die!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Father: Maybe God is telling you to take up again the laudable practice of eating fish on Fridays. : )