Monday, June 2, 2008

On retreat




Monday through Thursday I'll be on retreat with Archbishop Naumann and the priests of the Archdiocese. Please pray for spiritual renewal for our priests and for the health and strength of our presbyterate. Last Thursday as I celebrated my 4th anniversary with my dad, I was able to observe a classic western Kansas thunderstorm, and experienced a tornado warning issued by the sherriff's office that had us scrambling to the basement. Fortunately, the tornado was not large and touched down east of Hoxie, and was nothing like the tornadoes that hit western Kansas last week. Had a good time back home playing the Wii with my nieces and nephews, catching up with siblings and grandparents, and celebrating four good years of priesthood.
I have to admit that I was about 'fed up' with the Royals for their horrendous play during their 12 game losing streak, but finally they won a couple and took a series this weekend from the Indians and, you know what, it could always be worse and they are only 8.5 games out of first. Time to start plugging away again and seeing if near .500 baseball will win the Central. I know, it is a long shot, but it's still too early to lose faith!

No comments: