Saturday, August 25, 2007

Cooler weekend

A bit of rain and some cool air have arrived in NE Kansas after three weeks of merciless heat. Most of the country has been suffering, I believe. Last night I was able to join Fr. Rich Warsnak, my replacement as chaplain at St. Thomas Aquinas, at the STA vs. St. James Varsity soccer match at STA. St. James played hard and great, and they will be good in no time, but the tradition of STA soccer excellence continued. Best of luck to both teams this season. Today I was able to be with my godson at T-Rex, a 'theme' restaurant in The Legends in KCK. He at 5 years of age was pretty afraid of the meteor shower and dinosaurs, but we escapted with our lives. All is well that ends well. The last couple of days a New Student Retreat has been taking place for the St. Lawrence Center, so prayers and blessings go out to that group as well. I'm headed with my godson and his family to the K tonight for a relaxing night of baseball with friends.

No comments: